LSL has developed and improved upon our advanced object oriented software development framework to enhance design to delivery times. With v5.0.0 the LSL Development Framework has added 64bit support, and has been significantly refactored from version 4.0.0 for database integration with GUI and Web applications to support multiple databases and tables per window / form. The development framework provides enhancements to all areas of software design including database applications, console applications, control applications, and general use applications.
|Status||Production - Maintenance Development|
|Support Start||October 1, 2015|
|Support End||December 31, 2016|
|Upgrade Path||LSL Development Framework v6.0.0.|
One of the core benefits of our software development system is the ability to generate applications for Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems with one set of application source code. For the customer this means having your application available on the top OS platforms with a single consistent interface and functionality.
The object oriented design of the system allows software improvements made to our core framework to benefit every customer. As improvements are made simply recompiling your application can deliver those improvements to you as a customer.
The most important aspect of this whole framework in our mind, is that we use our system for all our product design. We literally “eat our own dog food” so to speak. All of our products are developed using our technology so we are constantly improving the software, adding features, adding supported databases, and fixing the occasional bug.
- Single source code base that can target 3 operating systems and 8 supported database systems
- Fully integrated TCP/IP communications, server and client application templates with strong encryption support.
- Eight different application types with web application support in latest release.
- Object oriented application design framework provides for extremely rapid application development, as well as incredibly efficient maintenance of existing applications.
|Desktop||Traditional GUI applications|
|Web||Web 2.0 style desktop quality web applications|
|Console||Server and command line applications|
|Windows||Mac OS X Cocoa||Linux|
Native Database Support
|Oracle 9i, 10g, 11i||PostgreSQL 8.x, & 9.x||CubeSQL Server|
|LSL DB Server||MS SQL Server ( Win Only )||SQL Lite v3|
|MySQL Enterprise/Commercial Edition||Valentina Office DB|
ODBC Database Support
|Oracle 9i or 10g||MySQL Community Edition||PostgreSQL 8.x, & 9.x|
|LSL DB Server||MS SQL Server ( Win, Linux, & OS X)||CubeSQL Server|
Detailed LSL Framework advantages:
- New: 64bit application and processor support on all supported platforms including Desktop, Web, and Console applications on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
- Enhanced: Newly redesigned Database interface, drivers, and GUI and Web application toolkits support integration with multiple databases and tables per Window/Form. This change allows for complex, rich UI applications that are simpler to use, easier to understand, and greatly reduces window clutter in applications that have many database tables in their application design.
- Enhanced: Web Database Application Framework brings the advantages of LSL-LDF based development to web applications. Leveraging the core capabilities of the LSL-LDF while bringing desktop like capabilities, look, and feel to web based browser applications. Support for all LSL-LDF supported database servers, rapid development, and single source code across all OS and database types means extreme productivity and features not available with other development frameworks.
- Enhanced: Full Mac OS X Cocoa application support to better integrate with the latest releases of Mac OS X. Cocoa support provides a more refined user interface experience with enhanced performance. Cocoa is the future of development on OS X, and is now fully supported by the LSL Development Framework for desktop application development.
- Refactored Database Driver system allows for a true single line change in the source code to support any of the supported database types. While previous versions allowed support for multiple databases, the developer had to change the database and cursor objects in the source code. Starting with v3.6.0 of the LSL Development Framework a single version of the source code supports all the databases with a single line change, so moving from PostgreSQL to Oracle is as simple as the 1 line change "lsldb=new LDFDB.lslpgdb" to "lsldb=new LDFDB.lslorcldb"
- Third generation license and key management system provides full support for public key RSA encrypted license files for a higher degree of application security and more secure license management. Eight options are now provided for licensing from freeware to highly secure hardware locked embedded applications and every step in between.
- Third generation user and group security management system provides a highly configurable security system supporting user and group security. This system allows for end users ( with appropriate authorization ) to modify the security profile of any LSL-LDF based application. They can define the security level authorization of any access checkpoint, allowing the customer to define their security policy, not the programmers.
- Enhanced External Database support coupled with the refactored database drivers, provides the ability to connect to and fully support external databases, even when they use unusual keys, or fall outside of the LSL-LDF database design guidelines. This allows any LSL-LDF based application to directly connect to and manipulate a non LSL-LDF based database, add records, edit records, and delete records just like it was part of the core database design.
- Enhanced Encryption support provides for much higher degree of security. All logins are now using SHA512 hashes by default, 512 bit AES encryption for symmetric encryption needs, and up to 4096 bit public key encryption. You can define any level of password hash from MD5, SHA1 through SHA512 depending on your needs and performance profile.
- Supported Database -- CubeSQL Server based on the SQLite database engine, it is an extremely reliable, easy to use solution for applications requiring a SQL database server on Linux, Mac OS X, or Windows, in 64 bit or 32 bit versions.
- RemoteDB Sync allows for remotely synchronized database applications between similar and dissimilar database engines and servers. This interface allows for these "RemoteDB" clients to work with a local database engine like SQLite and seamlessly synchronize the data in real time as the local database is used and updated. One advantage to this interface is providing for strong encryption through the LSL TCP/IP Socket interface even if the native database driver does not provide for encryption.
- Integrated Report Engine with full parameterized report data, allowing end-user data entry of date ranges and search criteria. Allows for rapid report development and deployment within a well defined framework. Compatible with all existing database drivers and connections.
- Ability to connect to multiple databases ( server or local ) and work with them interchangably within a single app or single window. This allows for advanced applications with no database limits.
- LDF now supports 8 types of application types: Web Database, Graphical Database, Console Database, Graphical without Database, Console without Database, Console Database Network Server, Graphical Network Client, Console Network Client. This allows for applications that don't need database access to take advantage of the advanced LDF model without a lot of overhead if not needed.
- Ability to compile any application to Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X without a single change to source code. Produces real executables, not byte code, not CLR .NET code, only very fast native code.
- Support for per user login, integrated with row level security if desired not an add on.
- Extensive database ( DB ) support for Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, CubeSQL Server, LSL DB Server, Valentina Office DB, SQLlite, and ODBC. Application can be recompiled to run against any supported database and can be changed easily from the App point of view. LSL regularly ships versions of our products that run across all database’s on all three OS platforms for supporting our customers needs.
- Support for row level security from initial framework design, not as an add on later.
- Strong encryption of any field data in database.
- Updated and enhanced second generation encryption architecture for TCP/IP classes for easy to create and use network applications.
- Support for BLOB ( binary large object ) data for inserting binary data easily into any LSL supported DB.
- Extremely fast development of Web, GUI and console based server DB applications.
- Used for many custom applications and LSL products. Constantly improves and supports more features over time.
- Office applications for managing customers, contacts, vendors, inventory, bill of materials, etc.
- Custom database applications for managing specialized data and applications.
- Control systems for controlling switches, solenoids, motors, etc. For example the LSL LPN-SEC reads various data inputs and controls door locks and openers.
- Data acquisition systems for gathering and analyzing data. Can also be used to control a real world process based on acquired data values.